Northern Michigan University is seeking applications for an Associate Director-Plant Operations. The position is responsible for providing leadership to Plant Operations to include:
Directing the Technical Trades staff responsible for preventive, routine and emergency maintenance;
Management of the facilities management systems and computerized maintenance management system;
Projecting, planning, securing, and managing long-term maintenance projects associated with all building and utility systems to ensure reliable and efficient system operation;
Project management, which includes all duties associated with design, bidding, and construction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Technology or related field.
- Five years of experience managing facilities operations and maintenance.
- Three years of experience in preparing, reviewing, and/or critiquing construction design documents.
- Three years of construction methods, coordination, and/or inspection experience.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Knowledge of operation, maintenance and construction techniques/methods and safety rules as they apply to the operation and maintenance of plumbing, HVAC, electrical, architectural, steam distribution and energy management systems and equipment.
- Knowledge of design, bidding, construction, operation, and maintenance phases of building and infrastructure systems.
- Knowledge of relevant codes and regulations.
- Demonstrated strong supervisory and management skills.
- Computer application skills (word processing, spreadsheets, email, internet, web-based programs).
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively deal with a broad variety of people and prepare quality correspondence, reports, and other written materials.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and good judgment.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan and coordinate projects, handle multiple tasks and priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to plan, direct, and coordinate the work of others.
- Conscientious and self-motivated.
- High standards for self and others.
- Collegial and congenial – works well with others, is a team player. Reliable. Resourceful.
- Ability to work and remain calm under stressful situations.
The position is traditionally Monday-Friday, 7:00 am to 4:00 pm; call-outs as necessary and special events. The targeted salary range is $83,040-$89,200.
ABOUT NORTHERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY
Northern Michigan University, with 7,900 students and 177 degree programs, is located along the shore of Lake Superior in the vibrant, historic city of Marquette, consistently named a top spot in the nation to raise a family, vacation, and enjoy an excellent quality of life. See more at www.nmu.edu/marquette. For a summary of the benefits offered by Northern Michigan University, visit https://nmu.edu/hr/benefits and under summary of benefits, select administrative professional.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit NMU staff application, cover letter, and resume utilizing our online application process by clicking the button below. All required application materials must be submitted electronically by September 14, 2021.
NMU is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities, and is strongly committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty and staff.