Innovate Marquette was established in 2015, adding its name to the 21 other SmartZones located in the state of Michigan. Our organization exists as a service provider to the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) to transform our community into a thriving entrepreneurial ecosystem, complete with the necessary resources, technology, capital, and array of opportunities to support local tech-focused start-ups, new business ventures, and existing businesses.
Additionally, we are working to attract and retain scalable technology companies and start-ups to the Marquette area in order to create higher-paying jobs and increased opportunities for the community as a whole. We are actively seeking to connect new entrepreneurs, small businesses, startups, and innovators into our ever-growing entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Thanks to the support of the MEDC, the City of Marquette, Northern Michigan University and our other dedicated partners, Innovate Marquette is able to provide comprehensive support, guidance, and services to local entrepreneurs through our vast network.
Innovate Marquette seeks to thoughtfully and powerfully connect our entrepreneurial ecosystem through collaboration to make a business community that is inclusive and approachable for all innovators, entrepreneurs, and business owners. With a focus on technology-focused ventures that enable accessibility, sustainability, and creativity within our region we act as a resource with our partners to build opportunities for the careers of the future while honoring the roots and natural wonders signature to Marquette.
Our mission is to position Marquette as a premier city for innovation and business development through our process to identify, nurture, and cultivate the growth and success of technology-based innovators, entrepreneurs, small businesses, and startups throughout our community. We aim to uplift Marquette’s unique business ecosystem by offering access to important resources, funding, workforce talent, and network collaboration. Through this collaboration the Marquette region will continue to be recognized for its ability to draw economic opportunity to the shores of Lake Superior in the years to come.
Together, we can uplift Marquette’s unique business ecosystem.
Media Boiler Plate
About Innovate Marquette SmartZone
Innovate Marquette SmartZone was created to help coordinate, inspire, promote and lead business, government, academic and community leaders to transform Marquette County and the Upper Peninsula into a world-class entrepreneurial ecosystem. The SmartZone supports technology-based innovations, new businesses, new job creation and existing business expansion by leveraging the unique set of resources, experiences and advantages available in Marquette. The mission of Innovate Marquette is to position Marquette as a premier city for innovation and business development through their process of identifying, nurturing, and cultivating the growth and success of technology-based innovators, entrepreneurs, small businesses, and startups throughout our community. They aim to uplift Marquette’s unique business ecosystem by offering access to important resources, funding, workforce talent, and network collaboration. For more information, visit www.innovatemarquette.org.
Marketing & Graphic Assets
Innovate Marquette in the News…
- February 24th, 2022 – TV6: Innovate Marquette SmartZone hosts women in business event
- April 2nd, 2022: Mining Journal: First “Mini” Pitch Event Planned at NMU
- April 7th, 2022 – Northern Today: Students Present Ideas at Annual New Business Venture Competition
- April 19th, 2022 – TV6: Seven economic organizations moving into Kaufman Block
- April 22nd, 2022 – Word on the Street: Moving in and Moving UP
- April 23rd, 2022 – Mining Journal: Making the “Big Pitch”
- April 25th, 2022 – Sunny101.1 Radio: Regional Economic Development Hub Launched in Marquette
- April 26th, 2022 – ABC10 News: Live morning and evening news
- April 29th, 2022 – UP Matters: Innovate Marquette SmartZone brings high-tech ideas and innovation to the U.P.
- June 6th, 2022 – StartUp Nation: The Challenges of Rural Entrepreneurship and Some Solutions
- June 16th, 2022: WJR Business Journal: Marquette is a Michigan Tech and Start-Up Hub
- June 18th, 2022: WNMU-TV PBS Meda Meet: Economic Development on the Move